Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gilman Money and Life

Just FYI, I received my money from the Gilman Institute so it is in my account and ready to help pay for my study abroad expenses, of which there are plenty, I might add. Speaking of which, I am about to go spend even more money this weekend as I travel to Chicago (over 6 hours one way) for my 10 minute appointment with the consulate. What a joy. The cherry on top is most certainly the fact that I have to provide them with a flat-rate express envelope for my documents, which costs $18.30. I personally think that that is entirely ridiculous and much too expensive for a stinking envelope, but I had no choice. The good news is, however, that I officially have all my documents, except an official award letter from Miami that should  be arriving this week, for this meeting so there really is nothing I should be worried about.

Of course, my life is a little hectic because in addition to the actual act of studying abroad I am also preparing to move out of our apartment of 2 1/2 years... We have three weeks left and I just hope everything goes smoothly and remains as organized as it has up to this point. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment