Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just a Random Update

Just thought I would let everyone know that I have a FLE presentation this Thursday, which I have just finished making. I think that it is probably going to go really well, though I will probably have to practice once before I actually give it... plus I should probably verify how long it is (=

Other than that, I am having a very typical week out here in Chambéry, except that my class load is extremely light this week. Oh well, I am not complaining! I have been getting in some good nights of sleep in addition to doing homework, filing taxes - YAY WE'RE DONE! - and planning the details for Mom's trip out here. We also are preparing to file our FAFSA (a federal earnings-related document that helps determine how much governmental financial aid David and I can get to help pay for school), register for summer classes with Miami (finally, an online sign-up system with classes that won't change every week) and celebrate our three-year anniversary! Hard to believe that we have already been married almost three years! We will be heading out to Geneva Switzerland to celebrate this weekend, which should be loads of fun.

Finally, have I mentioned that our mailman keeps delivering stuff into the wrong mailbox? There is, believe it or not, another "Ellen" that lives in my building. Obviously she comes from an anglophone country, I believe she is British because of the mail she gets, because we are the only ones who spell "Ellen" without the "H". Anyway, I have been trying to contact her because I am missing a few important documents and I couldn't figure out where they could be until about 5 days ago I got a piece of mail to "Ellen Baston". Then the next day I got some more. Well I was polite enough to look through the mailboxes and I found one for her and I deposited the mail there, but I am not sure what she has done with my mail. I am in the middle of trying to contact her (I have written her and put it in her box and spoken with one of her roommates) but I still haven't had a response. I'll let you know how all of this eventually turns out though. I am really not sure how our mailman can keep messing this up...

Ok well have a great day because I certainly am!

No comments:

Post a Comment