Friday, April 27, 2012

Cruise Dinner on the Lac du Bourget

Hello Family and Friends,
This past week has been one of productivity! On Monday I had two more of my business exams (for Marketing Case Studies and Consumer Behavior) and I think that I did quite well on both of them. The only one I am not completely confident about is Marketing Case Studies because the last question was a little confusing, but I think I answered quite well. I guess time will tell! But either way I was extremely relieved because that means that I am done with 4 of my 9 classes for the semester, and I have finished all of my business courses. Next week I have 4 more exams, two of which are going to be extremely difficult, but I'll give you specific updates as the appropriate time comes.

Speaking of exams, I finally got my scores from Le Havre! It only took 4 months for them to process and I am guessing that that is probably some sort of a record because that is just so speedy! As it turns out, the class I was most worried about (Analyse de Données) I did not pass, so I am in contact with the school to try and fix that, because it was a group project and my group didn't understand what the teacher was looking for so we got a bad grade. Either way the teacher said she would give me some extra project to try to raise my grade so I will be working on that as soon as she can get it to me. Other than that flop however, I had amazing grades in all of my classes! I was really proud and impressed! I actually forget the exact numbers but maybe I will dig them up when I have the repaired grade for ADD...

Finally, as the title of this blog suggests I wanted to share two pictures with you of David and I's cruise dinner on the Lac du Bourget with the other ISEP study abroad students. It was a wonderful, fully paid-for dinner outing put on by the ISEP department and we had a very nice time on the lake. Well, actually for the most part I was seasick and I had some trouble really enjoying my meal because of it, but after a few minutes on the bow I did feel a little better. It is just a bummer that I really had difficulty enjoying such a nice outing due to seasickness, but in the end I would say it was worth it.

This was the inside of the little dinner cruise ship. We were all served Tartiflette for dinner (in addition to a salad appetizer and yogurt and cake thing dessert). 

David and I sitting in our dinner places before the cruise began. Believe it or not I was already having trouble with seasickness even before the boat actually left the dock. I have serious issues.

Ok well wish me luck for next week's exams, and in general wish David and I luck with planning out the details of our upcoming trip. So far we have starting planning all the chateaux that we are going to see in the Loire Valley (SOOOOOO EXCITING - there are so many great places to see) and we have purchased our first train tickets, getting us from Chambéry to Paris, so that we can fly out to Venice. In a sense I am really excited for our vacation but at the same time it will represent the end of my "study" abroad, and my eventual return to the US. Even though I am really excited right now, I know that once I am back I am really going to miss France. I guess I'll leave my blog open for about a month after I get back so that I can record those feelings... yeah, I think I'll do that. Ok, love to you all! 


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog.



    Dhow Cruise Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the sharing and it is nice share lovely i need to know about desert safari dubai and where i find information about dhow cruise dubai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dhow cruise dubai right choice for the right peoples am also book mark your blog for the latest updates, kindly update you blog.

    ReplyDelete