Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One Week Left!

I can't believe it but David and I are down to our final week before we leave Chambéry and start our 5-week vacation before leaving Europe for good. It is sure going to be a hectic week as we verify the details of a travels, book our last reservations, pack up all our stuff (probably not going to be possible), clean the apartment, and try to enjoy ourselves a little before we leave. Also, for those of you that don't know, I had problems with my Analyse de Données class last semester, because my group didn't understand what was expected of us, and I ended up not passing the class. I spoke with the professor about it, about 3 weeks ago actually, and she said that she would propose a make-up project for me. She finally got back to me yesterday with the details of what she wanted and she wants me to repeat the same project, but for a different enterprise, that we did in class. Don't worry, this time I think I know better what she wants, but the real problem is that that was a 2-month assignment for a group of 4 students, and she has given me, on my own, 15 days to complete another one. Add to the fact that we leave for vacation in 8 days and I am not left with much time to get this project done. The good news is that I spent about 8 hours on the project yesterday and it is now about halfway finished, in a single day! I have the harder half left I think, but we'll see how it goes. I would like to have it almost finished by the end of the day so that I can do minor improvements on Thursday and turn it in by the end of the week. That is my goal anyway.

So that is basically the only thing that I will be working on for the next few days. Although I do get interrupted throughout the day with the travel projects that I am in charge of. For example, I received a phone call from the storage facility in Paris that we are renting from and we are officially good to go for dropping off our baggage on the 23rd. We also did get the promotion for 1€ for the first month of rent, so we are only paying one euro, in addition to the cost of insurance. (By the way, it is a seriously amusing document to read, our insurance... it covers some of the most obscure specificities, and doesn't cover some of the weirdest things, for example damage caused by the "wave" pressure of supersonic aircraft passing overhead. Darn it! I hate it when those supersonic waves ruin my stuff! Yes, it was a funny document to read through.

Also, I have verified out bike rental for our week of touring in the Loire Valley. But instead of renting two normal bikes we rented a tandem bike (because it worked out to be more or less the same cost) and we thought that that would be an exciting and new way to discover all the chateaux. I am so excited to check it out! I am hoping however that they aren't too difficult to maneuver because I have never ridden one before. I guess we'll see. Either way we'll look like a really cute couple!!

Ok, well enough putting off of my homework, I have to concentrate! Actually I think now that David is awake we are going to do breakfast, but then I am going to concentrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment