Friday, August 5, 2011

Relaxation Before Departure

Right now I am with my family in Florida on Little Gasparilla Island enjoying the bright sun, the ocean, and our local, private pool. Life has been almost nothing but pure relaxation and games. My family ate out at Rum Bay restaurant, the only restaurant on the island and took the picture you see here.


Additionally, I am pleased to announce that David and I bought our round-trip plane tickets yesterday, and we are a mere $2200 poorer. It seems like a lot of money now, but it will be well worth the 10 months in France and Europe. Anyway, I'm excited because now I can start solidifying my plans because I know the exact date and time of my arrival at Charles de Gaulle airport. Woot. Also, I connected with a fellow Miami student who will be studying at Le Havre with me, so we are working out travel arrangements which means I have a traveling buddy! This is important in terms of travel efficiency - finding your way around in an unfamiliar place is always easier with a second set of eyes - but also personal security, because prior to this hook-up I will most literally be unable to go to the bathroom because my luggage would be unattended (unless of course I can shove all of it into the bathroom stall with me). Anyway, things are panning out for my study abroad trip, but I'll keep you closer as my departure nears.... AUGUST 30th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment