Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Some Reflection While Traveling

Tomorrow David and I will do our last bit of biking in the Loire Valley (a day with a mere 45 kilometers of biking, assuming we don't get lost, and one large chateau) and then we will return our tandem and head for Paris, where we will finish our vacation before returning back to the United States. Since our return is approaching so quickly, I took the time this evening to prepare a set of three lists concerning what I expect my feelings to be, which I hope to eventually compare with the reality of my return. Each list has ten items, but is not in any particular order of importance. The first represents the ten things I think I miss the most about the US. The second presents ten things I think I will notice as weird once back in the US that used to seem normal to me. The third shows the ten things I think that I will miss most about France. Here they are:




So those are my officially published predictions for my future reintegration into the US, and I am excited to see how well I predicted, as well as what I forgot or how I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment