Monday, November 14, 2011

Lazy Weekend

Yes it is 1:30 in the morning here, but I realized that I need to be keeping up more regularly with my blog for two reasons: 1) Because I am sure that you, my readers, love keeping up with the happening, and 2) because I need this for not only my Gilman Scholarship follow-on project but also my "ongoing reflection" for receiving honors credit back at Miami. So here goes.

I didn't do much this weekend, even though I really have quite a bit of homework, but I just enjoyed staying up late and sleeping in. On the optimistic side I did start work on my part of the presentation for Analyse de Donnees (which took way longer than expected and is going to pose some problems in the near future as I continue working on it) Although, on the bright side, it is one of my courses that I am learning the most in and which has the most practical application into real life. I also did ample Chinese homework, as usual, because we have started into "food" which has, I am quite convinced, an infinite number of vocabulary words.

I will mention that I celebrated the French Labor Day, November 11th, meaning that I had no school, which was great because I stayed up into 4am the night before with my friends, first at a welcome banquet put on by the university for all the foreign students, and then a birthday party for one of the friends in my group at a discotheque. It was great fun, though I was thoroughly exhausted at the end of it. And I have completely thrown off my schedule, as you can witness by the fact that I am writing to you at 1:30 in the morning. That 6:30 alarm is going to be brutal tomorrow...

On that topic, I would give today an 80 on my emotional contentedness meter because I do not feel that I was productive enough (I didn't accomplish enough of my homework this weekend as a whole) and I am not looking forward to getting up tomorrow morning. Also I am a little stressed with the educational system here in France. I think I will add a page about it, actually. Documenting my first semester observation and my second semester observations so that I can make a comparison between schools and length of exposure. Yeah, that would be cool. Ok, I am off to bed because if not my body is going to kill me. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment