Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Well tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I think we will be doing some sort of get together out here in the the shipping containers to celebrate but I am not really sure what since we have no oven (no turkey, no pie, no stuffing...) But we will work something out I'm sure. I guess this is just one instance where the thought really should count.

I played in a badminton tournament today. Unfortunately it was singles and I was the only girl that showed up.... yeah, way to go for my gender's representation!!! But, not so way-to-go in terms of performance. I am not entirely sure what the French guys eat for breakfast but OH MY GOSH! They were so good at badminton ! To be fair, in my pool I actually did win one of my games, but seriously, I have never felt so incompetent in my life at a sport that I am generally decent at. These guys were phenomenal. I didn't even know that you could put that much skill into a sport like badminton. I have officially crossed it off my list of prospective sports for going to the Olympics in. I always thought I would make a formidable olympic badminton player. Though I was not playing anyone of my noble sex, I still have decided that it is probably not a sport I can take to the super competitive level. That leaves only one olympic-bound sport for me: Equitation Freestyle. If I get rich enough to afford a horse of the necessary quality and can afford lessons as well, I think I might actually be able to compete in this area; and it is soooo wonderfully beautiful. If you have never seen Freestyle dressage routines, the idea is that you are dancing with your horse, to an entire routine set to music. I suggest the following youtube link if you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQgTiqhPbw

Anyway back on topic. So badminton was fun. Also, I just found out that my classes got cancelled for tomorrow, so that is my little Thanksgiving treat!! I will still be getting up early though because Tam and I, as usual, will be continuing our work on our presentation for Geo France. I have gotten up before 8 every day this week though I have had none of my usual 8am classes due to weird cancellations specifically to continue work on this project. It is going slowly but thoroughly and I think in the end it will be a project we are proud of. At least I hope so. We will be giving a practice presentation on Monday, so I'll tyr to let you know how that goes.

The other thing I will be doing tomorrow is helping out our ISEP coordinator with the interviews for students who want to study abroad in America. They will be conducted in English to asses the candidates foreign language capacity. So anyway I thought that it would be fun to help out, so I am going to and I think I should rather enjoy myself.

Finally, everyone with a TV needs to make sure that they watch the ever so important MICHIGAN-OHIO STATE game this Saturday... I am too upset that I will miss it, because I hear we have a chance of winning this year! Ok, well it is late so I am going to get off to bed, so that I can get up bright and early, even though I have no classes tomorrow. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment