Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Boxes in which to live?

I mentioned that I would hereon refer to my apartment as a "box" because that's the affectionate term that I and the other foreign students have come up with for our lodgings as that is most literally what they are. They are shipping containers transformed into apartments. The great news is that I have my whole box to myself, the weird news is that I am living in France, in a renovated shipping container, haha. Here you can see a picture of the complex (the other half across from me). Though perhaps I have to get another from the side so you can actually see how I am living in a box.


Just as a side note, please take notice of the serious lack of privacy! You can see completely into other's boxes, and it is so easy to forget and go walking about after your shower... lol. It was about 4 days ago that there was a completely naked guy just walking around his box, thinking he was minding his own business, haha. It is especially funny because from my floor I literally have a perfect view into every box. Quite amusing really. Well, now you know what I'm living in in France. Quite suitable in fact since Le Havre is entirely industry based. 

No comments:

Post a Comment