Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Courses Day 2

This morning I got off to a strong start with 4 straight hours of lecture from 8-10 and 10-12... yippie! Actually though, the classes have been going really well because I am not having any trouble with my comprehension and I think the classes should be somewhat interesting. I am definitely still working out the kinks in my schedule though (and when I say "kinks" I am actually referencing enormous chasms) because the French system and mentality is just so different that that of America. Give me another week or two though and I should know definitely which courses I am going to be in, at what times, and in what classrooms. Currently I am changing my inscriptions about daily, which involves quite the process of looking up the course (there is no single class list so this is much more difficult than it sound as it requires a search of each individual license offered by the university, in each domain, until you find it) and figuring out whether it works with my current time obligations, and then finally where I need to be in order to attend this class.

I did nothing fun today, so no entertainment updates. I was literally in class from 8am until 7pm, with some breaks in the middle. Inevitably there was a large break around 12 to 2 when all of France shuts down to eat lunch. I actually quite like that mentality, though it can be a pain when you go and walk all the way to the bank, or electric company.... nope! Il faut retourner!

I am actually quite exhausted because I have only gotten 11 hours of sleep between the last two nights and I've had rather pressing days of class, so I am taking my opportunity to go to bed a little earlier and sleep in a little later (class at 9:30 tomorrow). Though I guess I can't go to bed until I have verified my schedule for tomorrow... haha.

By the way, to satisfy my even increasing and very serious craving for meat (since I swear the French don't even eat it because there is so much bread, cheese, and wine available at such a cheap cost) I bought some sliced sandwich ham and will be frying it for every breakfast until it runs out. Ahh sweet meat!!! I ate it this morning with breakfast and it was simply phenomenal. Well, I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment