Monday, September 12, 2011

Premier Jour des Cours!

Well, today was my first day of class in a French university, and it consisted of two classes: a lecture on Macro-Economics, and and in-depth class on French syntax geared toward French students. Although I will be unable to continue taking the syntax course (conflicts with Chinese) I will certainly be in the Macro-Econ course all semester. Woot. The good news is I had no trouble at all understanding him because he spoke with an incredible amount of enunciation for a native French person. Therefore I still have a hope of passing this class.

Tomorrow I have my course of Recherche Marketing, La France, and my FLE (French as as foreign language) classes. Wish me luck! By the way, in terms of my schedule, I have an 8am class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! And oh wait, it gets better... I have a 9am class on Saturday: a 3-hour lecture on statistics.... oh joy and rapture.

Anyway I had a quite contented day because I felt successful in my courses. And though I ate well today, just as a side note I was STARVING yesterday because meat is so expensive here that I literally have not eaten anything because bread, cheese, fruit, and yogurt since I arrived. Maybe the occasional bit of cured sausage, which just does not count! I got a good lunch today and the first thing I did after class was hurry off to the supermarket to stock up on any kind of meat I could because I am never being that hungry for meat again! I decided on ham because it is easy to cook in a frying pan and goes well with a great number of meals.


The only thing holding this meter back to a 95 today is the fact that I am still waiting for my spoken French to improve... I'll keep you updated, but I still haven't reached my desired level of spoken fluency.

No comments:

Post a Comment