Friday, December 16, 2011

David Safely Arrived in Le Havre!

David's train arrived perfectly on time and in his own words "but hey, I'm here". It seems like everything went pretty well concerning his travels, and he got off to a great start because  his plane arrived half an hour early into Charles de Gaulle, giving him the extra time he needed to navigate the French train system on his own for the very first time. Kudos to David. After successfully arriving "home" into my container, David settled in a bit, took a shower, and has decided to take a little nap to recuperate. When he wakes up we'll eat a bit and prepare for my little party tonight during which my friends are coming to meet my husband and say good-bye to me.

Also, to keep you up to date with current events. There is a possible complication with the trip to Cologne, so there is a chance that David and I (along with the other students from Le Havre) will end up not going there at this time.Although David and I were looking forward to our visit to Opa's town, if we are not able to go now, then we will certainly go there at a later date. And the positive side would be that David gets a little bit more relaxation as his welcome to France. But nothing is sure at this moment, I just thought I would let you know.

As far as I am concerned, I took my last exam at Le Havre yesterday, and I couldn't even believe it because it actually took all three hours that we were given. It was huge!! We had to write a detailed plan about the coastline of France (all three) and how it functions as an element of economic localisation. If that even makes sense. We were provided with about 10 maps of various things such as tourism, fishing presence, population density, and charts of importation and exportation, that we were to use for our analysis. After the plan, we had to create our very own croquis synthèse which worked out ok for me... I can officially say that I took my first college exam where colored pencils were required. haha. And then, after all that, we had to write a resumé summarizing both out plan and our croquis together. Needless to day, because in addition to map analysis and the formulation of my ideas, I had to complete all three of the tasks (oh and PS in a foreign language) I used right up until 10 minutes before the 3 hours expired. And basically that was the case for the entire class. The first person to finish used 2 and a half hours. It was a monstrous exam. However, I was just so so so so happy and relieved when it was done because I was officially finished with all my classes in Le Havre. Wow, Christmas Break has begun and I am reunited with my husband!

Thanks for all who prayed for David during his travel as everything went as smoothly as possible and he is off to a good start here in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment