Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I've got good news and bad news

Bad news first so that everyone is up to date: my group (and all the other groups in my class) didn't apparently understand what our teacher wanted for our presentation in Analyse de Données and so she didn't like our presentation. I just hope I pass the class because otherwise I don't care. And luckily the presentation is offset with a dossier that we turned in and that I feel we did very well on. Ok, well I am still really mad about it because this never would have happened if we had been given a syllabus and/or if this teacher had better explained her expectations, so I am refusing to talk about it any more that that.

The good news, which is extremely exciting, is that David and I will get to take a 2-day excursion to Cologne (yes in Germany) right before we leave France for the holidays. We are both really excited. And I am double excited because David will get to really meet two of my friends during the trip, and I will get some quality time with my friends before saying good-bye AND we get to spend some time in Cologne. All in all, it will be quite a fun little adventure. It does make our departure a little chaotic so we will have to do some mad cleaning, organizing, and packing beforehand so that we are all ready to go, but it is definitely worth it.

Tomorrow I have my oral exam for Recherche Marketing.... wish me luck!! I have been studying basically all day and I don't think that my head can take any more of it. However it is teaching me a new skill - to review in French. I automatically was reviewing in my head while I was in the shower and then I realized it was in English and that just wasn't going to cut it because of course I knew it in English!! I need to make sure that I actually registered everything by its french term. Either way I am not too worried about it because the professor is awesome so I am sure that he will help to make the test as informative but non-intimidating as possible. It should be kind of fun, if I actually remember all this information.

Friday I have my oral for Management International, but I am little worried for that one because the class material is a little specific and not very broad, if that makes any sense. Plus it is currently set up to be a ten-minute prep for a ten minute exposé which I am taking to mean just me talking for 10 minutes.... no guarantee there my friends, especially with only ten minutes of prep. That isn't even easy in English! But I figure this my be my first exposure to BS in a foreign language for an extended period of time while I fill my remaining ten minutes with every possible link to every part of material throughout the class. lol. I will find the connections!

So this is a busy week for me, and I have three exams next week as well, but it is also important to think of David who is still in the US but is preparing to take all of his exams, pack for France, and move out of his housing. Did I mention he is working part time too? So I am sure that he will have an even more hectic time than me. Ok well I have taken my break and now I must return to my studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment