Sunday, December 25, 2011

Buon Natale, Joyeux Noël, and Merry Christmas!

David and I have been very much enjoying our Christmas vacation in Italy, and we were up at 9:00 this morning to start our celebration. Though this is not as early as usual, here in Italy there is a midnight mass that continues even until 1 or 2 in the morning so several members of the family would have been too exhausted to wake up really early. David and I certainly didn't mind getting a little bit of extra sleep. (=

After everyone was up, there was a little present opening ceremony and then breakfast was served. Everyone ate together and it was quite a happy and crowded morning as all 8 of us gathered around the table for a traditional European breakfast. David and I would like to say a special thanks to everyone who sent us gifts or letters while we were away because it helped us to still feel partially at home during this holiday time. It was great fun this morning, and felt very Christmas-y though I will mention that Torino has had no snow yet this year, so we are not exactly in a Winter Wonderland.

After breakfast we went out for a walk in one of the gardens close to the Fabbro home, which was very lovely. They also took us up to a hill where you could see all of Torino, and where we took the picture that I have chosen to include for today. Oh, and David and I took a picture of ourselves with all of our little presents arranged on the floor, so I put that in too. I hope that all of you guys had (or will have depending on the time zone) a wonderful Christmas day!!!

Love from David and Ellen!

Thanks family!

David and I in front of the Torino backdrop. Thanks to Mom and Dad Spence for my scarf, and that to Mom and Dad for David's scarf... they made for a great picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment