Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It has happened

Barbie's arm has disappeared. As of this morning, the 4th of October, the day before my birthday, Barbie's arm has left it's charming place on the sidewalk. In fact, I can't really believe it because I was so accustomed to seeing it I have this little empty space in me in the morning when I walk by. *tear*

I would like to take this moment to quote my dear friend Tam who witnessed this event with me: "At least we know that Barbie's arm is now on a bigger, better round-about up in the sky" - May it rest in peace.

I guess this means that from now on I'll have to give only informational updates. Like, for example, the fact that next Friday I have my first exam and it is a 20 minute presentation in my Techniques de Commerce class and it, combined with its accompanying dossier is worth 100% of my grade, split 50-50 between the two. AHHH! I do not think I am quite ready to give a 20 minute presentation in French even if it is with a partner... but I guess I will have to be. I will try to let you know how it goes (if I am not too traumatized after the event)

Also, even though Chinese is still the same ridiculous amount of work, I am getting accustomed to it and I think that when I return to the United States I am going to know many more words than my peers. The only problem is I am not going to be able to implement them as well as I would if I were still being instructed through the American system. On the bright side, I will be able to compensate for that with time.

I am still pretty busy trying to do all my homework, research travel plans for my mother and I, and still have a little bit of time for fun and sleeping. Overall though I am really happy to be here in France, and especially happy that I have French friends!

A la prochaine!

PS. I hate mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment