Friday, October 21, 2011

Mom's Arrival in France

This will be a short e-mail because there was quite a fiasco with the arrival of my mother today. In fact, due to severe weather in Frankfurt her plane from Frankfurt to Paris was cancelled, and the one after, and since there was no internet at Frankfurt for my mom to access and therefore send me an e-mail letting me know what was going on. Also, of course, she had no phone. And I, at Gare du Nord, also did not have internet, so I actually had to call one of my French friends and get information and it was he that told me that my mom's plane had been cancelled.

After I learned this I rushed to Ludo's house to use my internet and figure out what was going on. I also tried to contact anyone and everyone related to mom to figure out if anyone had heard anything about where she was at or if she had gotten another plane. We finally decided to just use the airport itinerary of all incoming planes from Frankfurt to Charles de Gaulle and look for my mom at the train station at all possible appropriate times. Just then my phone rang, it was mom, because she had managed to use someone's cell phone and she had just arrived in Paris so we would be able to meet her at the Gare du Nord. After a minor mix-up on time estimations (her train arrived 25 minutes faster than expected) we arrived and met her and brought her to the apartment in which we will be staying. Now that she has eaten and preparing for a good night's sleep she is doing much better and I expect we will be able to get our Paris vacation off to a decent start, albeit a bit slow and way too hectic.

Thanks for your prayers as we start our journey!

PS. My presentation went SOOOO WELLLLLL! I did a great job and overall my partner and I gave a well put together, informative, presentation. But I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment